· Cooking spray
· 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
· 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
· 1 garlic clove, minced
· 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
· 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
· 1 (10-ounce) Italian cheese-flavored thin pizza crust (such as Boboli)
· 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
· 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and shallots to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic and thyme; sauté 1 minute. Stir in vinegar; remove from heat.
3. Place crust on the bottom rack of oven. Bake at 450° for 4 minutes.
4. Place the crust on a baking sheet. Spread mushroom mixture evenly over crust; sprinkle evenly with prosciutto and fontina cheese. Bake at 450° for 6 minutes or until cheese melts.
5. Tips: For a crisp crust, bake the pizza crust on the lowest rack for a few minutes before adding the toppings. Presliced button mushrooms can substitute for the creminis.
Cynthia DePersio, JUNE 2004
|Yummy recipe via My recipes.com // Photo by My recipes|
|Lovely idea via Sugar and Cloth.com // Photo by S&C|
Edited by me